You can assign drivers to orders in the following ways:
Auto-assign delivery drivers
The auto-assign action happens, when order status change to Processing. the plugin will find the next available driver to get the order and will assign the driver to the order.
For the auto-assign option go to the drivers’ settings and mark the auto-assign checkbox.
Drivers can claim orders.
The delivery drivers who have a claim order’s permission can claim orders from the drivers’ panel.
In order to allow claims orders, go to the driver’s settings page and mark the claim orders checkbox.
Admin can give drivers permission to claim orders, this can be done from the plugin dashboard or from the user’s page or from the user page.
Assign driver from the order page.
Bulk assign delivery drivers to orders
Admin can bulk assign delivery drivers to orders from the orders page, in order to do that, follow the following instruction:
- Select assign orders to the delivery driver’s option from Bulk action selection.
- Select the driver from the assign a driver selection.
- Mark the orders checkboxes.
- Click the apply button.
What happens when a driver is assigned to order?
When a driver has been assigned to order the following events are happening:
- The driver gets an SMS notification.
- The driver gets an email with the assigned order details.
- A note is added to the order with the user name that created the event and with the driver’s name who has been assigned to the order.
- Order status changed to Driver Assigned.
* When drivers claim orders SMS won’t be sent to them.